Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday

I can't beleive it's thusday already. I've been meaning to post for the last few days but we've all just been so tired this week and it's easy to putt things off for tomorrow.

The babies are doing well; we've had a nice week. The most hectic day was when some of Chip's "youngsters" (high school students) came to help out. Dani -our overly energetic tourguide from the first weekend- was worn out half way through the day.




Alina is more energetic this week and is loving spending a lot of time on the floor. She lifts her head so well, gets into a crawling position than lies back down on her tummy and rolls all over the place. We gave her a go in the jumperoo today but she is much to tiny for it still. I think she would really like it if it was her size. It's hard being a 7 pound baby at almost 8 months old.






Miruna has gotten better at sitting. and She had a lot of tummy time today -I lay down on the floor and she lay on top of me. for once she didn't fuss when on her belly. At one point she did drop about a pint of drool down my neck, but other than that it was a nice way to spend part of the afternoon. Our afternoons are lazy now. We all lie around with the babies and listen to music or sing song (the other day we sang all the kids songs that we all knew and today we sang the oscar mayer weiner comercials).


It hasn't really sunk in yet that we're leaving in 2 days. We haven't gotten weepy yet, although I did nearly urst into tears when I accidentally clipped Ema's finger the other day while clipping her dangerously long nails. She cried for about half a minute and I felt guilty all day. She is of course fine and whenever she gets fussy we just do that leap frog move that Rebecca showed us (hold her in a standing postion then make her squat and stand over and over). It really calms her down, it's funny how much she likes it. Mostly though, she just likes to bounce gently in the bouncy seat and falls asleep all the time.




We took most of the kids outside in the morning and a bunch of them took turns swinging, which they all thoroughly enjoyed. Miruna fell asleep in the swing and Crist and Ionela shared one swing for a while -very cute. Hopefully the weather will stay nice and we can take them out again on our last day.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello again Mela!

I loved your update--thanks! I was /so/ happy to see a picture of my little Cristi at the top of your page :) And that one of Alina is precious too! And the shot of Cristi and Nela in the swing together made me laugh. FYI, I made a video/slideshow of my 3 weeks just prior to yours; you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIr8EM8T24
~Stephanie :)