Friday, July 4, 2008

End of week 2





This week has flown by so fast. I can't beleive it's Friday already and over half our group is leaving tomorrow. Their will be only 6 of us left next week. We had some big acomplishments this week. Alexandru took 7 steps on his own. Florin entertained himself for an hour without fussing (he usually wants to be held non-stop and he's just too big to be carried around all the time -although Elaine does try). Alina scooted across the floor. Miruna discover has started kicking them. Beatrice spoke to me (she reached for me and called me mama -almost broke my heart). So much can happen in a week. I didn't wiehg Alina but I'm hoping she's gained weight. I think I might wait untill the last day so I see the most amount of change. I did weigh Ionela today and at 14 months she wieghs a slight 14 and a half pounds. At this point I can't remember what size "normal" kids are, but I'm not worried; she'll start gaining more wight when Her cleft palate is completely fixed.


We bought some doll strollers this week for the toddlers and the boys stole them away before the girls got a chance to play with them. They really liked pushing them around and were not about to give them back.
We're going to try and get 2 more so there's one for everyone. The toddlers are really having fun playing outside. They spend most of their day out there, exploring the hospital grounds, going for walks in the prams and getting into the dirt.
the kids love the swings but done of them no how to pump like you Jonathon. Tha's pretty cool that you learned how. You'll have to show me when I get back.
My time is about to run up on this computer but we'll be spending the weekend in Barlad so I'll post more soon and upload more photos. I've got more of the twins as well as Ionela (who is so sweet that she photographs very easily) as asked for along with a ton of others.
Hope you're all well. I'll talk to you later.
-Mela

No comments: